We are looking for a new Part Time Project Manager to manage our aMAZIng Meal Box Service which delivers tasty and fresh food to disadvantaged young people in the city.
Are you passionate about food and working with marginalised groups? Do you believe food has the power to bring communities together?
We have an exciting opportunity to be one of the first employees and work alongside founder Melanie to develop strategic goals for the organisations mission to empower and nourish Bristol’s disadvantaged young people. Supporting young asylum seekers, care leavers and youth recovering from homelessness access fresh and tasty meals of their choice.
Do you enjoy cooking and cooking in a sustainable way? Are you an advocate for social justice? Do you also love colour coded file highlighter pens?
Who we are looking for:
- Super *super* organised.
- Great logistic and operational skills.
- Attention to detail is CRUCIAL.
- Proficient using Excel.
- Full Drivers licence and access to a car.
- Operation and management experience preferred.
- Experience in ordering/supply (procurement).
- Resourceful and can think on your feet.
- Works well under pressure.
- A people person with experience working with people from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels.
- Local supplier and producer knowledge preferred.
- Passion for food and cooking experience.
- Thoughtful, caring and able to go the extra mile for our customers.
- Experience managing and recruiting volunteers.
- Confident with social media and content creation.
- Managing the ordering, packing and delivery of our aMAZIng Meal Boxes every Tuesday.
- Coordinating volunteer and driver schedule in advance and on the day.
- Managing communication with young people (our customers) through Clicksend and other Mass Texting platforms for choices, updates.
- Ordering ingredients a week in advance.
- Choosing default recipes for the month, ensuring they are well balanced in flavour, nutrition and comfort.
- Managing and organising our home based volunteers “spice mix team” to know in advance recipes, who is doing what, what dry goods can be prepped in advance of Tuesday packing days.
- Sourcing the monthly “sweet treat” with partner baker and local delis.
- Managing stock and inventory of ingredients and packaging.
- Developing our meal boxes to be environmentally sustainable from the packaging to ingredients.
- Hosting corporate volunteer days.
- Working with our head chef to develop seasonal recipes for our boxes.
- Coming up with thoughtful presents/cards to add to customer boxes for birthdays etc.
- Bringing a whole lot of love into every box!
Location & Hours:
Total: 20 hours
Must be onsite on Tuesdays (South Bristol) for packing and deliveries. Work from home for the remainder.
£13,250 – £15,640
Negotiable upon experience
One interview with our founder Mel, then a follow up interview with a panel of 2 representatives from our volunteers and ambassadors.
Please send CV and a short covering letter or email that describes what excites you about this role and why you’d be an aMAZIng hire. Subject: Project Manager
Closing date: 22th September 2022